Speed Limiters Around The Corner, Alpine Renders, New Nissan Crossover Teased, And Electrifying Hummer Performance: Your Morning Brief
Good morning and welcome to our daily digest of automotive news from around the globe, starting with… Mandatory Speed Limiters Are Coming, And They’ll Be Even Worse Than We Thought The European Union has declared that all new cars sold in Europe and introduced after 2022 must be fitted with speed limiters.
And regardless of whether you’re in Europe or not, the possible implications could be far-reaching.
Alpine A210 Sports Coupe And A410 Four-Door GT: What We Think We Know About The Electric Models Fresh from Alpine’s teaser images showing their cars’ silhouettes our illustrators have given us an idea of what exactly these sports-oriented EVs will look like, including a smaller Lotus-related coupe, and a four-door GT.
Nissan has teased a coupe-SUV EV Crossover that will be built in the UK. It will be built on the same platform that underpins the Nissan Ariya, and will be sold globally. The teaser was released alongside plans to construct a flagship GBP1 billion (£1.4 billion) EV Hub to be built in Sunderland, UK alongside Envision AESC’s new battery manufacturing facility.
Bloomberg reported that Porsche is preparing a global recall for the Taycan over an issue that causes the car to revert to emergency mode, causing it to lose power unexpectedly. Porsche has since confirmed to CarScoops that an update will be applied to future cars and that existing customers can obtain the upgrade via a dealer visit.
The RE-X1 Kreisel is an all-electric rally car that celebrates 120 years of Skoda’s motorsport involvement. It’s based on the Fabia Rally2 and features a 52.5 kWh battery pack and an electric motor that produces 349 hp (260 kW / 354 PS) and 443 lb-ft (600 Nm) of torque.
Nissan, together with engineering firm Premcar, have created an Australia-only version of the Navara, dubbed the ‘Pro-4X Warrior.’ It features raised suspension with revised damping, Cooper Discover All Terrain AT3 tires, a bash plate and a body-colored Safari-style bulbar, and a lightbar.
GMC Shows Off Hummer EV’s Watts To Freedom Mode, Will Enable Truck To Hit 60 MPH In 3 Seconds
Not content with just calling it “launch control”, the perhaps catchier “Watts To Freedom” mode will launch the Hummer EV off the line and on to 60 mph (96 km/h) in approximately 3.3 seconds.
What Else Is Making The News
Parents Ask Amazon To Change ‘Alexa’ Name
Parents of children who are named Alexa have asked the shipping and tech giant to change the name of their smart assistant. According to the BBC, they say that Amazon giving the assistant a human name has resulted in kids who share the name being at the butt-end of countless jokes.
Sebastian Vettel Builds A Hotel For Bees
The conservation project — which is shaped in the form of a racing car — was built close to the Austrian circuit, where Formula One will revisit to conclude the second race of the double-header at the Red Bull Ring.
- ^ Mandatory Speed Limiters Are Coming, And They’ll Be Even Worse Than We Thought (www.carscoops.com)
- ^ Alpine A210 Sports Coupe And A410 Four-Door GT: What We Think We Know About The Electric Models (www.carscoops.com)
- ^ Nissan Teases New Electric Crossover As It Announces UK-based Battery Plant (www.carscoops.com)
- ^ Nissan Ariya, (www.carscoops.com)
- ^ Porsche Confirms Taycan Recall Over Sudden Loss Of Power, Will Fix Through Software Update (www.carscoops.com)
- ^ Bloomberg (www.bloomberg.com)
- ^ Skoda Unveils Electric Rally Car With 349 HP (www.carscoops.com)
- ^ Nissan Reveals Australia-Only Navara Pro-4X Warrior Off-Road Pickup In Full (www.carscoops.com)
- ^ GMC Shows Off Hummer EV’s Watts To Freedom Mode, Will Enable Truck To Hit 60 MPH In 3 Seconds (www.carscoops.com)
- ^ stated how (www.formula1.com)
- LEGO 70424 Hidden Side Ghost Train Express
SALE PRICE: £69.99 This train features ghost wings that fold-out with the flip of a lever, and chamber to remove the ghosts haunting Ms. Santos Play […]
- Barbie FWY29 Helicopter, Pink and Blue, with Spinning Rotor, Multicolored
SALE PRICE: £19.88 The Barbie helicopter inspires imaginations and allows children to take off and explore the world during playtime with fun […]
- Intex Sunshade Aquarium Pool, Multicolored, 157x157x122 cm, 57470, Assorted...
RRP PRICE: £27.99SALE PRICE: £23.99YOU SAVE: £4.00 About this item Comfortable, light and easy to handle Easily washable Water drain plug Check […]
- LEGO 21034 Architecture London Skyline Model Building Set, London Eye, Big Ben,...
OFFER PRICE: £33.92 Build a detailed model of the London skyline Model features the National Gallery, Nelson’s Column, London Eye, Big Ben and […]