M4 crash: Woman cut from car ‘in life threatening condition’
A woman cut from the vehicle of a car that landed on its roof on the M4 is reported to be in a ‘life threatening condition’.
South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) said that they treated four people.
One was discharged with minor injuries, whereas three were sent to hospital with one in a “life threatening condition”.
“We sent multiple resources to attend the incident including land ambulance crews, a critical care team, and hazardous area response team paramedics. We were also supported by police and fire.
“We treated four patients at the scene, and discharged one of them with minor injuries.
“We conveyed three of them to hospital by land ambulance for further care, one in a life-threatening condition.”
An appeal has been also been issued by police after the crash saw the motorway close for over seven hours.
The accident took place at about 9.30am this morning (Friday, July 2) on the M4 eastbound from J18 (Bath / Tormarton) to J17 A350 (Chippenham).
The motorway was only reopened at 4.55pm this afternoon.
Adding that one woman had had to be cut from the vehicle by the fire and rescue service, before she was taken to hospital.
Two others were treated at the scene and sent to hospital, and a third was treated and discharged with minor injuries.
A spokesperson said: “We are appealing for witnesses following a serious road traffic collision which took place on the M4 between Junction 18 and Leigh Delamere Services.
“The incident took place at about 9.30am today (02/07) in which a vehicle left the carriageway and came to rest on its roof.
“Fire crews used cutting equipment to release a female casualty from the vehicle and she was then transferred to hospital by ambulance.
“Three other people who were in the car were also hurt, but their injuries are not thought to have been life changing or life threatening
“.Anyone who witnessed the incident or who may have relevant dash cam footage is asked to call us on 101 quoting log 85 of today (02/07).”
- ^ South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) (www.bristolpost.co.uk)
- ^ M32 queues after crash between car and a lorry – live updates (www.bristolpost.co.uk)
- ^ A spokesperson for SWASFT (www.bristolpost.co.uk)
- ^ Get today’s top stories and entertainment for free straight into your inbox (www.bristolpost.co.uk)
- ^ Wiltshire Police (www.bristolpost.co.uk)
- ^ police (www.bristolpost.co.uk)
- Philips AJ3400 Wake-Up Alarm Clock with Radio for Bedside or Kitchen, Big...
RRP PRICE: £24.99SALE PRICE: £17.99YOU SAVE: £7.00 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. The information on this clock […]
- RFIVER Universal TV Stand Legs TV Feet for 20″ to 65″ Table Top TV Stand...
RRP PRICE: £19.99SALE PRICE: £16.99YOU SAVE: £3.00 This fits your . by entering your model number. 【TV COMPATIBILITY】- Compatible VESA: […]
- Ecomoist Natural Screen Cleaner Kit 500ml Family Business Size for TV LCD LED...
SALE PRICE: £14.95 This fits your . by entering your model number. ❶ MADE IN UK. Smart 500 Ml bottle (Great for offices) with 2 High Quality […]
- BONTEC Universal Table Desk Pedestal TV Stand Tabletop Screen Monitor Riser for...
RRP PRICE: £21.99SALE PRICE: £16.99YOU SAVE: £5.00 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. TV COMPATIBILITY: Fits most 22 […]