Order Hudson Valley Goods to Be Delivered by Sailboat to NYC
In 2020, the cargo Schooner Apollonia sailed down the Hudson River amidst the pandemic and delivered an inaugural sail freight cargo of brewer’s malt, grain, wooden barrels, yarn, and pillows to a dock in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Now, Schooner Apollonia is slated to return to Brooklyn in May to kick off a new season of regular voyages from the Hudson Valley to NYC. Only this time, individual items for pre-sale are also in the mix. In addition to hauling 12,000 lbs of grain and malt going to Wild East Brewing Company, Strong Rope Brewery, and Van Brunt Stillhouse in Brooklyn, Apollonia will be carrying goods you can snag: honey from Hudson Valley Bee Supply (Kingston), cider from Greenpoint Cidery (Hudson), hot sauce from Poor Devil Peppers (Hudson), CBD from Our Treaty (Hudson), and more.
Cargo from the Schooner Apollonia
Apollonia is dedicated to providing a sustainable shipping alternative connecting the Hudson Valley with NewYork City, giving producers and consumers the choice to show that they care more about the impact of delivery than the speed of transport.
Logistics can be opaque and carbon impact hard to measure. Apollonia is taking the blinders off because the crew knows that a literal shipping model will improve awareness and connection to our waterways — shipping with a positive impact! Look for “Wind Shipped” stickers on your goods to verify green transit delivery. How can you order sail freight goods for delivery using wind power
1) Visit the Schooner Apollonia site and peruse the offerings from Apollonia’s shipping partners for goods headed downriver.
2) Order goods directly from the producer site by May 5th
3) Just be sure to indicate its for sale freight delivery at checkout.
4) Watch the Apollonia’s social channels for delivery details at the dock in Red Hook around May 22.
5) If you can’t pick up at the dock, goods will be available for pickup at Van Brunt Stillhouse during operating hours. The Apollonia crew, based in Hudson, New York, is looking forward to the voyage south downriver to NYC with stops in Poughkeepsie, Beacon, and Ossining along the way. It will also be carrying its first individual pre-sale cargo from Stone Street Coffee and Enlightenment Wines upriver on its return trip, along with wholesale coffee from Gotham Coffee Roasters. A Special Sail Freight Meet-Up in NYC Harbor
While in New York Harbor, the ship will meet for the first time with another sail cargo vessel from the French company Grain de Sail — which is currently crossing the Atlantic with a hold full of French wine and chocolate.
It’s just another sign that a global green transit sea change is underway – one that you can be part of.
Stay tuned for Untapped New York Insiders visits to both ships in May!
Brad Vogel April 29, 2021
- Yale P-BS1-BLX-PB-60, BS1 British Standard Nightlatch, 60 mm, Brass Finish,...
SALE PRICE: £52.00YOU SAVE: £3.21 Traditional high security Yale Nightlatch approved to British Standard BS 8621:2007 and Police Secure by Design […]
- Wireless Doorbell Camera Laxihub B1, WiFi Security Outdoor Bell with Motion...
SALE PRICE: £78.99YOU SAVE: £4.00 【1080p Full HD with Enhanced Night Vision & 150° wide angle】The B1 Wi-Fi video doorbell records footage […]
- Neewer 18-inch LED Ring Light Kit for Makeup Youtube Video Blogger Salon –...
SALE PRICE: £105.94YOU SAVE: £9.05 This fits your . by entering your model number. KIT INCLUDES: (1)18-inch LED Ring Light, (1)Light Stand, […]
- Samsung A202 Galaxy A20e 4G 32GB Dual-SIM blue EU
SALE PRICE: £134.00YOU SAVE: £4.00 About this item This fits your . by entering your model number. Android 9.0 Smartphone (Pie) Screen 5.8” – […]